DAMSELFLY vs. Dragonfly
likely Pseudagrion microcephalum
© Nordin Seruyan
Damselflies are similar to dragonflies, but the adults can be differentiated:
- Damselfy wings are held along, and parallel to, the body when at rest.
- The hindwing of the damselfly is essentially similar to the forewing, while the hindwing of the dragonfly broadens near the base
- Damselflies are weaker fliers than dragonflies
- Damselflies are smaller, and their eyes are separated
- Damselflies also can fold their wings up over their backs, and dragonflies cannot
- Damselflies can land, but not walk.
Fact Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damselfly
Other photos you may like:
Broadbody Chaser (dragonflies)
Damselfly Eye (How Compound Eyes Work)