EAST AFRICAN CRESTED GUINEAFOWL (Guttera pucherani) - ©Steve Easley
- The Crested Guineafowl is a member of the Numididae, the guineafowl family.
- It is found in open forest, woodland and forest-savannah in sub-Saharan Africa.
- It has a total length of approximately 50 cm (20 in) and the plumage is overall blackish with dense white spots.
- It has a distinctive black crest on the top of its head, the form of which varies from small curly feathers to down depending upon subspecies
- The nominate subspecies is found in East Africa from Somalia to Tanzania, and is distinctive with a grey-blue neck and extensive red to the face. It is sometimes considered a monotypic species, the Kenya Crested Guineafowl
Fact Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crested_Guineafowl
Other images you may enjoy: