ABYSSINIAN CAT ©Aby Sphere
Among my favorite breeds of cat
- The name ‘Abyssinian’ refers to Ethiopia, but most of the stories about the origins of Abyssinians refer to Egypt.
- Genetic research suggests the breed originated near the coast of the Indian Ocean, where colonists may have purchased animals from wild animal traders. The breed was developed in Egypt
- These felines owe their special coat to one dominant mutant gene known as Ta. Each hair has a base color with three or four darker-colored bands; the hair is the lighter colour at the root, and the darker “ticking” color at the tip. This ticking is found only in the Somali, Abyssinian and Singapura.
- Abyssinians are extroverted, extremely active, playful, willful and intelligent. They are arguably the most active breed of cats. They are usually not “lap cats”, being too preoccupied with exploring and playing.
- They are sensible cats that do not take unnecessary risks.
- As one might expect from such an intelligent and physically capable breed, Abyssinians are known to be formidable hunters.
- They adore toys and can play for hours with a favorite ball.
- Some play fetch.
Fact Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abyssinian_%28cat%29
Other Photos you might like:
Manul or Pallas Cat Hissing
All Ears by Aby Sphere. Hello Everyone :))