GREEN PEAFOWL - Beautiful Anger - © Harianto Keng
Location: Burma east to Java
- Peacock = male only • Peahen = female • Peachick = youth
- Collective Nouns: A Muster of Peacocks, An Ostentation of Peacocks
- Green Peafowl are large birds, one of the largest living Galliforms in terms of overall length and wingspan, though rather lighter-bodied than the Wild Turkey.
- The male grows up to 3 meters (10 ft) long, including the “train” (which we consider the tail) and weighs up to 5 kg (11 lbs).
- The female is 1.1 meter (3.5 ft) long and weighs about 5.1 kg (2.4 lbs).
- It has large wingspan of approximately 1.2 m (4 ft).
- The Green Peafowl is capable of sustained flight and is often observed on wing.
- In 2005, The Star reported that successful reintroductions were being made in Malaysia by the World Pheasant Association (WPA).